Last month, I posted how I found a way to generate the Alaska Airlines 25,000 miles + $100 statement credit offer when many had thought it was a goner. Then Maximizing Money one-upped me and found a direct link which made getting the offer easier and quicker. Since then a direct working link has come & gone several times and much ado is made when a working link returns. That’s nice and all but my PSA for today is that this offer is always available – working link or not. Let me remind you how.
Last month, I stumbled across the offer while pretending to book a flight on AlaskaAir.com. Sometimes making a reservation, whether it be for a flight or hotel, can generate a better offer on the applicable credit card, as seen in the past with Hyatt and IHG. I tried to replicate this with Alaska Air and BAM, there was the offer on the payment page.
For those that need more of a step by step instruction:
1. Go to AlaskaAir.com and start booking a flight. It doesn’t matter where but I’d chose somewhere fun.
2. Choose the flights and start filling out the passenger info.
3. You can skip the seat selection and all those add-ons. You just want to get to the payment page – its not like you will be flying this anyway.
4. Scroll down to where you would enter your credit card and look to the right. BAM!
5. Click “Apply Now” (duh) and you’ll be brought to a page that looks like below. Voilà!
While it is a nice to have a working link to save you the 30 seconds of getting the offer in the way I outlined above, please remember you can use this approach to get this offer on demand. Bank of America will undoubtedly pull this this current working link at some point so the next time you apply for one or two of these cards don’t fret if you don’t find a working link. Bookmark this post as a reminder and let Bank of America pay you $25 to earn 25,000 miles.