Here are some better uses for 21,000 Starpoints (which is valued at $567 per TPG’s own calculations of 2.7 cents a points). And yes that value is too high.
- Transfer 60,000 points to Marriott and book a category 4 Ritz Carlton (or two nights a low level Ritz Carlton)
- Book several nights at lower level Marriott hotels or one night a higher level Marriott and have points leftover
- Transfer 20k Starpoints to an airline, get 25k miles and book a roundtrip domestic flight
- Or book a one way flight to the Caribbean or Hawaii (among other airline redemptions)
- Book one night at a Category 6 SPG Hotels
- Book several nights at lower level SPG hotels
- Literally almost anything else that doesn’t involve a one-time chat with someone about points & miles and effectively paying an hourly rate of $1,134.
If you really want to chat and learn/optimize your miles situation, my consulting services are a much better value.
My thoughts on this redemption…