United is offering MileagePlus customers 1,000 United miles for downloading the free Prosper Daily app (formerly BillGuard) and creating an account. I was able to download the app and signup for a free account in under 5 minutes.
The Prsoper Daily app seems to be similar to Mint in which it will track your spending when you link your credit cards and bank accounts. It also offers fraud alerts and can show you your credit score if you fill out some additional information. Here is what you need to do to get 1,000 free United miles:
- Go to this link and fill in your name, zip code and United Mileageplus number
- You will be asked to provide your mobile number so a link will be sent to you to download the app. I believe this is the only way to make sure you get the 1,000 miles – simply downloading the app directly from the iTunes or Google Play store will not work.
- Download the app via the mobile link and signup for an account (no SSN required).
- I choose to link one rarely used credit card to the app to test it out but per the terms & conditions (see the relevant piece below) you only need to download the app & register for an account for the 1,000 free United miles.
- The miles should appear in my account in 6 to 8 weeks.
In the past you used to be able to earn United miles for obtaining a personal loan through Prosper (maybe you still can?)- this offer has nothing to do with that and is simply an easy 1,000 miles for downloading their app and registering. I don’t think I’ll use the app going forward but for 5 minutes of work, I say this is worth it for the 1,000 miles.