There is a fair amount of offers and promotions expiring on either 8/31 or 9/1 and I thought a quick post summarizing them all in one spot would be helpful. Here is what you need to know about the expiring offers:
1. Extra 20% Bonus for Starwood Transfers to American Airlines – Expires 8/31 – The standard deal is if you transfer Starpoints in 20,000 point increments to American Airlines, you would receive 25,000 miles. However you can receive 30,000 miles if you initiate the transfer today due to the 20% bonus being offer. This promotion has already been extended once and I wouldn’t bank on it happening again. If you are short on AA miles, this is a great way to top off your account for an award.
2. 80,000 Point Offer on the Chase Marriott Credit Card – Expires 8/31 – I haven’t posted separately about this offer because I’m not the biggest fan of Marriott but for those looking for Marriott points, the 80,000 point offer with the $85 annual fee expires today. To be honest, I think I actually prefer the 70,000 point offer as the annual fee is waived AND you get a free night at a category 1-4 hotel upon approval. Personally I’d skip this offer and wait for the 70k offer as mentioned.
3. Last Chance to Redeem American Airlines AAdvantage Miles for Travel on Hawaiian Airlines – Expires 8/31 – Starting on 9/1, you will no longer be able to book Hawaiian Airlines flights between the mainland US and Hawaii with AA miles. This is a bit of a bummer as you generally could find better award availability on Hawaiian than the legacy carriers and the in-flight experience on Hawaiian is a bit nicer with free meals and generally better service. One important item to note is you can include Hawaiian Airlines flights intra-island in Hawaii on an AA award still after 9/1. A routing of LAX-HNL (on American) followed by HNL-OGG (on Hawaiian) is still allowed.
4. 3,000 Miles for Playing a Single Round of Golf – Expires 9/1 – I posted about this last week but for a limited time you can earn 3,000 American Airlines miles for signing up and playing a single round of golf with Golfmiles. In order to receive this special promotion, you must signup via my referral link as I negotiated this offer for PointsCentric readers only – no other blogger or website has this offer. If you don’t signup by 9/1, you can still earn 2,500 miles in any program (not limited to AA) if you signup and book a round by 9/10.
5. $15 Off Your 1st Order of $50+ at Jet.com – Expires 9/1 – I was an early adopter of Jet.com before it was open to the public and I have found it very comparable to Amazon with similar (or lower) prices though with not as big a selection as Amazon. If you are new to Jet.com and spend $50+ on your first offer, you can take $15 off your order with promo code “4697F34“. Please note this is my referral code and I will earn $15 off my next purchase as well. This is the best public offer I am aware of – if you have a similar referral code, feel free to post it in the comments.